This low-calorie salad makes the most of cold-weather fruits and veggies. Bonus: You can make extra spiced nuts to keep as a snack.
- 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 pear, thinly sliced
- 1 bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 2 small bunches rocket, thick stems discarded
- On baking sheet, toss walnuts with apple pie spice and roast at 200°C for10 min or until fragrant, then roughly chop.
- In bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add celery, pear, fennel and spring onion. Toss to combine.
- Just before serving, toss rocket with pear mixture and serve with spiced nuts.
NUTRITION (per serving): 845kj (202 cal), 4 g protein, 15 g carbs, 5 g fibre, 8 g sugars (0 g added sugars), 15.5 g fat (2 g sat fat), 0 mg chol, 297 mg sodium
For more recipes and articles by Prevention on beauty and wellbeing, sign up to our weekly newsletter.