SERVES: 4 HANDS-ON TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- 8 cups water
- 2 whole star anise
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 4 black tea bags
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2½ tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 bunches bok choi, wilted
- 120g snow peas, blanched
- Toasted sesame seeds and bean sprouts, to serve
1. Bring the water to the boil and add star anise plus half the coconut sugar and tea bags. Let infuse for 5 minutes.
2. Remove tea bags, add the chicken and poach for 15 minutes on low heat. Remove chicken,
reserving the liquid, and let rest.
3. Mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, the reserved poaching liquid and the remaining sugar in a jug.
Slice the chicken and lay over the brown rice.
4. Top with vegies, sesame seeds and bean sprouts, and then drizzle over dressing. Serve.
NUTRITION (per serve)
2125kJ/508cal. Protein 63.5g. Carbs 44.5g. Sat fat 1.8g. Fibre 5.1g. Sugars 16g. Sodium 657mg
Recipe by Faye James - Nutritionist.