- 1 brown onion, diced 1 garlic clove, minced
- 500g mixed mushrooms, chopped
- 3 cups homemade chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups quinoa
- 200g (7oz) leftover chicken breast, diced
- 120g (4 1⁄2 oz) baby spinach 1 cup Parmesan, grated Leafy greens, to serve
1. Fry the onion and garlic in olive oil until soft. Add mushrooms and cook until soft.
2. Add quinoa and stock and cook on low heat until liquid is absorbed and grains are tender.
3. Add the chicken and spinach and stir through until spinach is wilted and chicken is warmed through. Stir in Parmesan. Serve with leafy greens.
Recipe by Fay James - Nutritionist.