Serving size: 6
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 6 large apples
- 1 cup traditional rolled oats
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius and grease an oven safe baking dish with cooking spray.
- Core apples and place them in the dish. In a bowl combine oats, walnuts and spices. Add in melted butter and maple syrup. Stir to combine.
- Divide oat mixture evenly among the centre of the apples, pressing the filling in towards the centre of the apples. Pour water into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Cover apples with foil and bake for about 30 minutes, making sure to baste the apples with the water every 5-10 minutes. Uncover the apples for the last 5 minutes. The apples will be fork tender when cooked.
Serving suggestion: serve with your favourite natural or Greek yoghurt.
Recipe created by Nutritionist and Habit Change expert Dr Gina Cleo.