Do this little routine on the regular to sculpt your outer and inner thighs.
Time. That's the number-one reason people skip their workouts. Even the busiest of us can fit this little workout in, though, because it takes only a minute! It uses my favourite Pilates prop, the magic circle, and will help tone your outer and inner thighs.
Try to perform each exercise below for 20 seconds using good form and resistance the whole time. If you can squeeze this sequence in 2-3 times a day and 3-4 times a week, I promise you will be happy with your results. You can even do this in between commercial breaks or while cooking dinner.
Shift and Squeeze
- Start by placing the magic circle in between your legs, right above your ankles, and stand with your feet in a slight turnout. The closer together your heels are, the harder it will be.
- Shift your weight over into the right foot, letting the left foot come off the floor, and then squeeze in on the circle.
- Place your foot down, shift your weight onto the other side, and repeat. Make sure you control the circle on the way in and out.
- Stand with the circle in between your knees and turn your legs outward as you bend into a plie position. Try to bring your heels together. Remember this is about toning the inner thighs and not about how far you can lower down.
- Try to straighten the legs up, and then bend back down, keeping your heels glued together the whole time. Maintain a strong core and straight spine with your backside under you and not out behind you.
Parallel Plie Pulses
- Keeping the magic circle between your knees, turn your legs into parallel and bend your knees slightly.
- Squeeze into the circle using your thighs. Keeping your knees bent, start to lift and lower your heels without letting go of the circle or bouncing up and down. For a greater challenge, squeeze harder on the circle, or hold with the heels lifted and add pulses in on the circle.
First published: 13 Dec 2017