You can get stronger legs in just 10 minutes with this simple but powerful leg workout. There’s no jumping or pounding in this low-impact workout—it’s kind to the knees, hips, and lower back. It’ll be tough and effective on your legs, though! Don’t worry—you can do these leg exercises no problem. Nothing worthwhile came from taking it easy, right?
Before you even start this quick leg workout, do a few warm-up stretches. In the video, I’ll show you these three favourites:
- Hip hulas
- Lateral lunges
- Torso twists
Ready to go? This express leg routine consists of just three moves, but with increasingly difficult variations as you go. These are the moves you’ll learn and do:
- Sumo squat: Place your feet wider than your hips and pointing at 2 and 10 on an imaginary clock. As you lower, make sure your knees track over your toes; as you rise, squeeze your glutes.
- Right lunge: Step your right leg back and lower your body, keeping your front knee right over your ankle and your shoulders over your hips. It’s okay if your back knee doesn’t get all the way to the floor like in the video. Do what you can do!
- Left lunge: Just like the right lunge, but with your left leg back. Be careful not to turn your knees inward, especially as you get tired.
What makes this routine a great muscular endurance workout is that after you’ve mastered each of the moves, you’ll do them all again three more times, with increasing difficulty:
- First round: Down and up, as you get used to the movements.
- Second round: Add one pulse within each move. You’ll go down, halfway up, down, then all the way up.
- Third round: Do three pulses in each move.
- Fourth round: Seven pulses!
Does it feel like the workout is getting harder as you go? It should! You’ve got to get your mind involved, to remind yourself that you’ve got this! But also know that it’s totally fine to take a pause to recover at any moment—just get back into it when you’re ready.
Special thanks to our music provider, Power Music!